Saturday, October 18, 2014

       Superman, Wonder woman, Iron Man, and Spider man- they are the icons who first and foremost come into people's minds when we speak about heroes. How do you define a hero? Or rather, at does it even take to be a hero? Does it require one to have superpowers and super strengths and super flying skills or such? Does it require one who would recklessly jump into the face of arduous danger to save mankind? Or does it require one to have the passion to do hard work and push to overcome many boundaries and limitations wholeheartedly? Even with all of these "requirements", there is but only ONE hero for me. And that is none other than my beloved family.
       My father may not have super strength like Superman, but he is my hero because he ensures that I could safely get to and from school everyday, because he gives me all the reason to work hard and be a better person and because he imparts all the lessons for me to feel contented with what I have, and what I am today.He is like a fortress that I could hold on to if ever I'm in need, like a stronghold perhaps.My mother is not a flyer like Wonder woman but she assists me every morning for me to get to school, she worries for me when I get sick, from morning until dawn, still, she's there for me every time I couldn't sleep. She's an all around worker, I just can't help but wonder how she could do all that so flittingly.Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man has his riches and his super armor, my brother doesn't have all that but he started to work early and somehow even help our family financially, he is my confidante with my more informal activities and he is so overprotective over me to the point of resembling and armor engulfing myself.

       My reasons may come out as little things but that is why they became my heroes in the first place. Those little things containing more love and care and compassion. I would become a hero myself who will weave and sew all these little things as long as I can, to the best way I can because I'm going to be your friendly little neighbor, Spider man! Or is it Spider girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment