Saturday, October 18, 2014


       I have passed feeling the obnoxious excitement with relates to sports events. Long ago, I was once a player myself as a part of a team in volleyball who competed in the regionals. Having to feel the thrill coursing through your veins in the anticipation of facing a strong opponent, having to feel that madly beating heartbeat of not only myself but with the rest of my team mates resembling that of an elephant's parading and having to feel that unexplainable joy and elateness when having been able to win against a specially strong opponent. I mean that is what Intramurals supposed to mean isn't it?
      It is as if people nowadays treat Intramurals as a means of  having been able to get away from studies and watch different sports matches. That may be partly correct, yes. But for me Intramurals is not a day only for the athletes but also for us battle spectators to feel the same thrill that they are going through. Unfortunately, it was like we had our own different worlds with some watching the games, some participating in the booths set up by the different clubs and organizations of the school, and some seems to be not giving a care at all. Add to that, the disastrous second day full of black skies and harsh angry howls of the winds of Super typhoon Mario.



It is not a bad thing to actually try something new and enjoy ourselves while at it but I think Intramurals should be treated with more respect by actually being able to connect with one another through the use of the central piece: sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment