Saturday, November 29, 2014

      When I was still a child, I already began dedicating myself to English language. From collecting words (like the longest word, hard to spell words and such), to reading books upon books (mountains of them actually) for the purpose of quenching my thirst for illiteracy. Because I believe that this language is very powerful for it not only conveys intention and purpose but feelings and emotions as well.
        We all know that English is the universal language, it is a very common fact to most people to the point of being clichéd but I believe that, that is not the only reason why we should affluent ourselves to said language. In our day-to-day activities and other menial tasks, English language is ever present. In Education may it be Science or Math or Social Studies; In Commerce such as making businesses and mergers and transactions; In Tourism most especially, all around the world you can’t meet a single person who at least doesn’t know meager English. Now we see why English proficiency is very much badly needed. English language had served as a liaison for alliances and World Peace. English language had made it possible for love and communication exist throughout the different countries and races around the world. With all of this, through English language, people’s hearts and minds are connected, no matter how thin of a thread it may be.
        As little as other people English may seem to be, I love English language. Words can’t describe how much more I would like to learn from it , like the classics of Shakespeare, Forster, Bennette, Austen and the Bronte sisters, as well as the contemporary works of Rowling, Riordan, Green, Meyer and Sparks. I feel as though with all of the things that I seek, time seems to fly so fast. But all I can say is that I will pour my body, mind, heart and soul for the sole purpose of my passion, English.

No comments:

Post a Comment